It was a busy, fun month trying to keep with these resolution goals! Here’s a recap of what I was able to accomplish this month along with some new helpful tips!
Health and Fitness:
- Nutrition: I did the free 5 day clean eating challenge twice in January and was able to lose 6lbs! I generally eat pretty healthy but it was great to have my meals planned out for the day with the correct calories already calculated.
- Fitness: This past week I didn’t get in any runs, but I did 4 circuit strength training workouts. I have a treadmill but I prefer to run outside and it’s just been too cold and slick on the roads. I’m going to be making my training calendar for my first half marathon of the year and will be posting it for anyone interested in seeing how I train, or possibly training as well!
- HELPFUL FITNESS TIP:If you have Time Warner Cable they offer FREE On Demand workouts on the Sports and Fitness on Demand channel. They are under the Sportskool category. They have Yoga, Pilates, strength training and even kids workouts available!
Connections: I had a GREAT month with my little family and was also able to spend some great time with friends, family and of course my love. Here’s a list of a few things I was able to fit in!
- Date night for some sushi with my the hubs
- Our daughter started dance and our son started soccer
- Movie night with a girlfriend
- NYC with my sister and cousins
- 2 family outings to visit with friends
- And two hikes with the kids at my parents
- 40 bags Challenge- Let’s just say I’m still very behind! I’m doing this to be honest so I’m not going to lie. I may need to complete this within 50-60 days, and I’m ok with that. I just want to keep making progress! Trying to do this challenge along with the clean eating challenge has been difficult to say the least!! Instead of having a goal to fill a certain number of bags I’m going to be making a weekly plan of what area of the house I want to focus on to de-clutter and organize.
- January Accomplishments:
- Organized and cleaned all of the kitchen counters and recycling area. (More before and after below)
- Cleaned out and scrubbed the refrigerator
- Cleaned out 4 cupboards and 3 drawers. (one of which was the junk drawer)
- Went through and matched all the socks from my overflowing unmatched sock bin. Threw away the old unmatched socks and left a small bin for the remaining.
- I shined my sink for the first time in my life. I mean, obviously I clean it but I ended up accidentally shining it in 5 minutes. Check out my helpful tips below to see how!
- HELPFUL CLEANING TIPS:I can’t tell you how many random cleaners I used to try to get stuff cleaned and sanitized that don’t work very well. But honestly, mother knows best! My mom has told me that baking soda and vinegar is a cheap easy cleaner and vinegar is actually a sanitizer. I’ve used them for a while to sanitize the drains and so on but this week I had a brillo scrubber I was scrubbing it with and it started to shine up really nice. It took me about 3-5 minutes of scrubbing to get the sink sparkling! Here’s a link to some info regarding vinegar uses and cleaning benefits: http://greencleaning.about.com/od/GreenCleaningResources/g/Vinegar.htm. And here is a link regarding how to make all natural vinegar spray cleaners: http://www.theyummylife.com/Natural_Citrus_Vinegar_Cleaners
I read a resolution article that recommended making a MONTHLY resolution instead of a yearly one. I LOVE this idea! I’ve found that focusing on weekly goals in fitness has helped me be able to do things I never thought I could do, like run a half marathon and so on. So I’m going to be setting monthly goals for this year to help me keep on track. Details on my goals to come soon!
Happy Monday everyone! Now off to build an obstacle course for the kids on our first snow day of the year!
Until next time…… Thea 🙂